The Medical & Dental Office Administrator Diploma Program* is designed to prepare students for an exciting and rewarding career in front-line roles within the ever-growing health services industry. This unique program provides coursework in health care terminology, medical and dental office administration, medical billing, insurance and bookkeeping procedures, and introductory medical transcription. This strong foundation of medical office procedures, coupled with courses in effective communication strategies and the latest computer applications ensures that graduates are in-demand in a wide variety of health care settings.
Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of Medical Terminology
- Schedule/confirm medical appointments
- Greet patients upon arrival at medical/dental offices and interview them in order to complete forms, documents and medical history
- Gain knowledge of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand telephone etiquette
- Transcribe recorded documents in accordance with established formats
- Transcribe correspondence, reports, presentation and other documents from notes
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Process medical billing procedures
- File documents and charts according to established filing systems
- Locate and retrieve documents from the filing system
- Gain knowledge of ordering supplies and maintaining inventory
*This program is pending approval and currently under review by the Private Training Institute Branch.